October 03, 2007

Babies, Buttons & Stuff

Nick & I went down to Orange County this weekend for a quick visit. The first time I've been home since moving back to the good ol' USA. First off, I had to see my cousin's adorable new baby boy. His name is Mark (after his grandpa) and I think he's a real cutie. He's got some issues with his heart that will hopefully be taken care of with surgery in November. Wish him luck. For now, he's at home with mommy & daddy and sleeping a ton.
I'll tell you more about our trip later, I don't want to bore you. But right now, I want to show you my latest shipment of 1" buttons. I always attach them to my business card when I ship an order or sell something at the Farmer's Market. Anyway, I've gotten a couple sets from one Etsy seller and thought I'd give someone else a shot. Kyle at Button Arcade was great to work with. Check out the packaging too! Each style of button came in its own little bag & I got a cool I heart sock monkeys button and a mirror with one of my images. Wow! I'm impressed. Aren't they great? So, if you need custom buttons, or even just some cool ones to stick on your denim jacket, check out Button Arcade. She's got great magnets and coasters too.

Since I'm showing you my cool buttons I thought I'd give you a glimpse of my sewing room. I finally got Nick to hang some pictures in there recently and I have to show off his work.

I got these Shag prints when I worked at Disneyland. They were done especially for the 50th Anniversary, and since I worked on it...a lot, I had to get them. I have a really great map of Disneyland to match, but it's in the next room. And here's my cool button jar.
I have a great shelf hanging in my sewing room, also just recently hung, and on the shelf is my glass jar where I keep those custom buttons. I love these jars so much I may use them for the centerpieces at my wedding. I think they look vintage, and I love that. They'd be great with a pretty hand bouquet and maybe some twigs in the base.

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I LOVE those buttons!!

jessica said...

As an owner of one of those buttons, I can truly say how great they are! It makes me smile every time I see it.

And good luck to Mark - what a precious babe!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

cute pictures!! :-)

LeeAnn said...

Those buttons are adorable. The prints look very nice hanging up there. I can't wait to get home and make our new place a home!

Jenn Maruska said...

I like your prints! A nice bit of color for your creative space : )

Awesome buttons and awesome baby, too!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

I love your buttons--I love the one you sent with Evie too! It's fun to have a button that matches my pouch. I actually had a gal comment on my pin at church the other day and then, of course, I had to pull out my matching pouch! Yeah! The pics look great--what a lovely splash of color. And the jar is fab too--I like your idea for the centerpieces with the twigs--sounds gorgeous!

Smiles, Karen

P.S. Mark is soooo cute--I'll send up some prayers for him and his heart "issues".

Lucykate Crafts... said...

lovely buttons, i am a huge button fan, can't get enough of them.

i'm sure little mark will be fine, a friend of mine's daughter recently had 2 holes in her heart fixed, she has come on in leaps and bounds since the op

Anonymous said...

What a precious baby! I shall keep him in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! And love your new buttons :)