October 20, 2007

Rare Saturday Night Post

Hello my internet friends. I'm spending a quiet evening at the computer, checking messages, replying to convos, etc., etc. and thought I'd drop in for a quick post. I'm usually sewing on Saturaday night until the wee hours trying to prep for the market, but I finished early tonight. It's only 9:13pm and I'm away from my sewing machine. I think that's a record. HaHa
Just wanted to give you a peek at the quilt I finished this morning....

I've had this fabric in a bag and ready to be made into a quilt for over a year now. I'm glad I finally made it. I love that blue print, wish I had more too. We'll see how my market customers like it in the morning. I also made another baby blankie gift set today in a very soft pink color scheme. I am planning to take your advice and price the sets at $45 to start with. I'll let you know what happens. I had hoped to make a few more of those sets today, but ran out of time. I knew it was too ambitious for tonight. I'm thinking it was very strong of me not to try to get too much done before bed. (pats self on back) I need my beauty sleep.
And yesterday I didn't get a chance to tell you all about my amazing new bib template I had made. I make a lot of bibs these days and usually use a cardboard template to cut them out. This, as you can imagine, doesn't work great with a rotary cutter. So I decided to call a local plastic place & see if I could get an acrylic template made from the cardboard one. Well, they said yes!
It works pretty well, especially around the outside. It's still a struggle around the neck opening, but I think a new super tiny rotary cutter might solve that. It's a lot faster for me to get these made now, and with Nick on snap duty, even better. I got a load of new bibs done today in a lot less time.
So that's it for me on a Saturday night. Gotta inactivate some things in my Etsy shop and get to bed. Night night. Have a great Sunday & say Happy Birthday to my cousin Nicole who's turning 30!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Nicole, on the ninth anniversary of your 21st birthday!!

What a smart idea to find someone to make a plastic template. You are a sharp cookie!

Beth Lemon said...

Mr. Lemon does snap duty too! I love the quilt. It's so beautiful.

Sounds like you really had a lovely evening.

Jenn Maruska said...

Good thinking on the bib template! I bet that will save you lots of time.

Junie Moon said...

What a lovely, lovely quilt. And I love your idea of having a plastic template made of your pattern. Brilliant!

Felicia said...

Brilliant idea to have that plastic template made :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Love the colorful quilt! And I'm gonna have to agree with the rest here--you are brilliant! Shine on sistah!
Smiles, Karen

Margaret said...

More than nice work on the quilt, your corners match up better than mine! (I'm envious) It's beautiful.

Bumpkin Hill said...

Hi, love your blog and your quilt is fab. I bet that template helps a lot, great idea x