September 17, 2007

Back to sewing

I know I haven't been talking much about sewing lately. It's been really busy for me since I got back from the UK. I had a Farmer's Market Thursday and Sunday, both were good. I am enjoying the time out of the house and the opportunity to interact with live humans. I added some new products at the markets and have finally found the time to deal with some images so I can get things online too.
First I want to show you my new ponytail holders. I've been planning these for a bit, just hadn't gotten around to it. I don't intend to sell these on Etsy, the competition is ridiculous, but I sold 4 sets at the market yesterday. I like the idea of having different price points, and these are now my most inexpensive (notice I didn't say cheap) item at $5 a set. I printed my own little cards to attach them too, but my printer has been a nightmare since I got my new desktop computer. Just this morning I've aligned the print heads 6 times. @$&#%@ Anyway, I digress. The cards looked nice and I found these little doodads a great and fun way to use up scraps. I knew there was a reason to keep 3" strips of fabric! Ha!
I've been selling lots of bibs at the market too, so I've been making those like crazy. I went out to the fabric shop in Petaluma on Thursday to get some more of that cool Monkey'n Around fabric. I ended up with a few gnomes in the bag too. I don't know how that happened. Strange.
And speaking of fabric...I'm trying not to bore you too much with my wedding plans, but I think I may have chosen something as a starting point for the wedding. Naturally the color scheme is the most important thing on my mind. I can pick out a cake any day, it's the decor that I want to work on. lol I knew I wanted to find something a bit aqua/blue with a taste of red and I came across Shangri-la from Moda. What luck! (Misses Kwitty, you were right about your guess for this, but Nick would never go for rick rack) It's got all the colors I want and I think it'll suit a wedding perfectly. Here's a taste of a few of my favorites from the collection. The more I see it, the more I like it.Please, tell me what you think. And whilst perusing the new fabrics on the Moda website, I saw this. I think I'm gonna need the fat quarter collection, it's available for reservation at the Fat Quarter Shop already.

4 comments:

jessica said...

I love that Shangri-La. I think it will look great for a wedding!

I love your bobs - I want to make some for a craft show I'm going to do in November. I have your same feelings about them on Etsy. Where did you get your buttons?

Lisa Clarke said...

Ooh, I think you picked a good one with the Shangri-La. Very nice. And that new collection from American Jane? Well, I kind of wish I'd seen that *before* I bought all of the fabric for the boys' quilts. Ah, well.

Kathy said...

I like your fabrics. They are so you!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, it looks so beautiful! Elegant and rich but touchable too. You have such wonderful taste Ginny--I'm sure it will be beautiful!
Smiles, Karen

That American Jane is really great too--aren't the fabrics nowadays just something?! wow