May 08, 2008

New Things

#1 - You may have noticed that I changed the look of my blog. I've wanted a banner for the longest time and just couldn't wait anymore. I just picked a new template, made a banner and voila! A new, simpler iSew Blog. Hope you like it without the generic polka dots. I may make a few more tweaks, but this is it for a while.

#2 - Nick and I got ourselves a new camera last night. It's our wedding gift to ourselves. I'll mostly use it for product photos, but it'll be nice to have a better camera when we go on trips & such too. We thought about a digital SLR, but let's face it - I'm too cheap. We went with this Nikon in the end. It's new and has great reviews. So far, I'm very happy with it. It's got lots of megapixels and tons of digital zoom, sweet!

Here is a sampling of the camera's first few pictures....

Nick's breakfast


My morning coffee (compliments of Seattle's Best - Henry's Blend)


My awesome new monkey shower curtain - complete with a cameo by the toilet. A wedding gift from my friend Troy (who is also responsible for this)


One of the new coffee monkeys.

And, of course...
Jody


and Maple

Not too shabby, eh? Anyway, I'm glad we got the camera and I've already used it to photograph a stack of new monkeys that are waiting to get into my shop. I reopened both shops last night too, so come by & check 'em out. (p.s. Nothing new in iSew yet, still sewing)

9 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

oh how i love your new banner! how did you do that?

Nutsy Coco said...

I did like the polka dots but the new look is great too!

Jenn Maruska said...

Yay!

Love how those placemats look - great colors!

Junie Moon said...

I really like your new blog look but I did like the old one, too. Change is fun though. Congratulations on your new camera, the resulting pictures look beautiful.

picciolo said...

hi, thanks for leaving a kind comment on my blog! I love your placemats, the colours are gorgeous
: )

Tizzalicious said...

Your blog looks great!

Kathy said...

I like your new blog! You will love your new Nikon. The pics of Jody and Maple are great!

Unknown said...

I just love the placemats! they are so beautiful and what a nice way to make the table look so cozy and pretty!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Loving the new blog layout--and your pretty banner! Yeah!

Congrats on the new camera--your pics look great. I am so jealous! Linds and Rissy did something to mine while taking silly pics of themselves and now it's all goofed up (the lens goes in and out with some terrible noises and it doesn't focus properly anymore..I'm so bummed!)

I've always thought your pics were fantastic anyways, but now...look out!

Love your new shower curtain, MONKEYS--who would have guessed?!!

Smiles, Karen