July 16, 2007

A Lovely Weekend Indeed

I have to say it was a lovely weekend here. The weather was great, there were things to do, and a good time was had by all.
Friday night we went to see the new Harry Potter film, I'm giving it two thumbs up. I really liked it. I didn't enjoy the last two films as much as this one. I'm fairly certain there was a new director on this one and it shows. I highly recommend it. The music is great too.

Saturday, as usual, I went to my knitting class in the morning. I was the only one who showed up this week, so Amanda (the owner of the shop) and I just sat & chatted away while knitting our prospective projects. The San Anselmo Art & Design Festival was in full swing out in front of the store so I took a walk through when I was finished. I'd thought about applying to sell at the fair, but because of the very high entrance fee, I thought it might be best to check it out & wait till next year. The fair seemed well organized and laid out. The attendance was good and the vendors were all of good quality too. I can't say I've decide about next year, it's a lot of money to make back in a weekend. We'll see how it goes if i get into the Farmer's Market.

Yesterday we took a drive down to Santa Cruz to visit friends Mike, Laura, Henry & Jane. Mike was my boss at Disneyland about a hundred years ago. They're great fun to hang out with & we had a wonderful time. We met at the pier for breakfast then had a walk down the famous Boardwalk. I brought my basket of monkeys along so the kids could take their pick. Pirate Bill and Scout were snatched up after much deliberation. I left two more behind for Mike & Laura as well (thanks for the sale). It's nice to know they're such a big hit. We all went downtown to catch a movie too. The boys saw Transformers & the girls went to Ratatouille. As I said in my previous post, I don't do Sci-Fi and I feel the same way about action (sorry). I was happy for Nick to get a chance to see one of "his" movies. Incidentally, my review on Ratatouille is also two thumbs up. The animation is incredible and the story is great too. And if it's possible to fall in love with a rat, Remy is definitely the rat of choice. He's so cute!
So, after having such a great weekend, I'm feeling all motivated and excited about the week to come. I got a really great bedspread yesterday that I'll make into a ton of things. Keep your eyes peeled for some of that.
And for those of you who've decided to put my nasty quirks aside and keep reading my blog and being my friend, thank you. :)

6 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Oh, that bedspread is to die for! Love it! What are you going to make with it?

: )

Christina J. said...

We liked Ratatouille, too! I think I liked it more than N., though. He was getting a little antsy and had to be plied with popcorn! :) I haven't seen Harry Potter yet, but hope to soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the HP film. I haven't seen it yet but I've added it to the list. And we all know I can't wait for the last book to arrive :)

LeeAnn said...

Fun bed spread! Now I saw the HP movie and was not impressed with it at all. Too many things left unsaid. But then again the book was huge.

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

That bedspread is awesomeness! Oh, I can't wait to see what you'll create!

iSew said...

Sorry to hear that Leeann. Keep in mind, my memory for books is horrible. I can barely tell you what the general story line is the day after I finish a book. Haha, the Harry Potter books are so detailed that I had no idea what would happen in the movie. I didn't miss a thing.