July 20, 2007

Birds flying out of the shop

So here's a look at what I've made with my bedspread purchase from this weekend. A couple zipper pouches and a tote, actually I made two of the tote bag. Anyway, I'm excited to report that all of these items flew out of my shop in record time. Each one faster than the last. More coming soon, I promise.

I was over at Jenn's blog yesterday and was inspired by her post about her To Do List. I've been working hard on my list and especially on making it longer. I've had a new bag idea floating around in my head for a few weeks & last night I made the pattern and got two versions cut out (one using the birdie fabric). I'd been putting it off while trying to locate some off-white rickrack. Can you believe it's not a standard "buy it at JoAnn's" color? I don't get that. Anyway, I finally found "Cream" rickrack at eQuilter.com. I was so happy and I had to order some fabric for a special order anyway. Well, when I got it, the darn stuff turned out to be yellow. &#%@^@$ It's kind of cream, but more yellow. No matter what color it is, it simply won't work. Don't you hate it when you order something online & the color is totally not what you thought? ugh That's the trouble with computers I guess. It's so hard to make the colors look right.
I had a lady ask me today if a pair of my booties matched one of my bibs. She wants to have her son's photo taken wearing the items, how cute. Anyway, I was trying to send her a photo to show her, but the reds just don't ever look right. I think they look cute together anyway. See for yourself. If she buys these things, I hope she'll send me a picture of her little boy wearing them. How cute would that be on the customer appreciation page?
So, it's off to the post office for me. Have a great weekend, keep making things!

11 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

I think that set is great - and you are so smart for making boy things. There is a definite need for more good boy baby items.

I just did a quick search of my fav internet shops and found no off white or cream rick-rack. How strange - there has to be some out there!

JoAnn's rick-rack selection is very limited. Their orange is pretty wild... not very subtle colors there.

Hope you find some soon - and do let us know where you find it when you do! : )

Christina J. said...

Love the birdie things you made! Very cute! I agree with Jenn; it was smart of you to make boy things. As the mother of a boy (and aunt to 4 nephews - no girls in this family yet!) I get frustrated sometimes trying to find cute boy things.

Nutsy Coco said...

I love the birdie items! I can see why they went so quickly!

jessica said...

I love love love the birds!

And I have some very wide and very narrow cream ric rac - from my grandmother's stash of long ago. I'd be willing to swap you something for it, if you're interested. How much did you want?

Dinah said...

I think the booties and bib are great together! And those bird pouches, etc. ....cuuuuuttttte!

About the rick rack...I've only found cream rick rack at Mary Jo's Cloth Store in Gastonia, N.C. (It's the size of a Walmart store and you will spend a paycheck in there I'm telling you)..but anyway, they are on the internet but don't have it ready yet to purchase from. BUT they will let you order specific things if you'll email them or call them. They have every and I do mean every color of rick rack you can imagine! If you don't find any, try them.

Dinah said...

I forgot the tell you...Mary Jo's is at www.maryjos.com and they take mail order M-F from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time.

comfortable said...

Those are so cute for a baby! booties and a bib :)

Kristi said...

I love that fabric on the birdie items! Where did you find the bedspread? So cute!

I would die of pride if someone took a portrait of their child in something I made! Good for you!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

It's funny--I was just looking through my stash for some cream rick rack! No lie! The closest I came was some white that has a bit of a "patina" lol. If you find some, you'll have to buy it up and list it in your shop! The rare colors are mint, cream, pale aqua, and pale lavender.

I love the bird stuff--no wonder it flew off your shelves! Adorable.

Your little booties and bib set is as cute as can be too. Very impressive post my friend!

Smiles, Karen

LeeAnn said...

Everytime I see your baby items it just confirms that I will be buying out your shop when its time to make babies in my household. :)

That bird bedspread was a great find. I have been busy cutting up some sheets I had stashed. I need to depleat the stash I have built up. I am running out of room.

Amy said...

I love your pouches and tote, the fabric is great!