August 10, 2007

Holly Hobbie and Coffee Coasters

How many people at the Farmer's Market are lucky enough to have a handmade original from Misses Kwitty? I ask you. I might just be the only one. lol I have to say thanks to Misses Kwitty here and say that my new coaster is the best. Look at it just collecting all of the sweat from my iced coffee. Fantastic! I must admit, one of my neighbors was having a great time picking on me all day because I'm so organized. She thought it was pretty funny that I even had a coaster for my drink. She obviously doesn't know about Etsy. I guess my booth is a tad bit organized and anal. I hadn't really thought about it. I don't want to soil my handmade matchy matchy tablecloths, do I? They're just jealous. If you're in dire need of a pretty coaster for your next craft show, check Misses Kwitty's shop, she makes the prettiest ones you'll find!!
I'd also like to mention my luck at the Farmer's Market yesterday in sitting next to Jennifer. She makes really cute onesies, t-shirts, blankets and baby slings. She even has a sling for dolls. Now that's clever. We're not really in competition, she's way more granola than I am if you know what I mean. But the best part about Jennifer, other than how nice she is, is that she uses a big Holly Hobbie doll to demonstrate the slings!!! Holly Hobbie! I was sooo into that doll when I was little. I've even got a little one packed away somewhere. I gotta dig that doll out and use her to demonstrate my kids totes.

6 comments:

Christina J. said...

Aw, I loved Holly Hobbie!

After reading your post I think I have to stop for an iced mocha on my way to the bead store! If only I had a nice coaster...

Have a great weekend! :)

Lisa Clarke said...

Oh, Holly Hobbie was one of my very favorites when I was a kid!

Sounds like you're having a nice time at the farmer's markets. I wish we had something besides vegetables at ours :-)

jessica said...

On my last trip home, my Mom gave me a pattern for a smaller Holly Hobbie doll and some Holly Hobbie embroidery! She is lovely!

tamdoll said...

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your blog, it's very cheerful & you're so talented!

Jenn Maruska said...

Here's to my sister in organization!

Someday we will straighten up the world!

Nah...

; )

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Lol--my BIL's ex-girlfriend's little girl looks just like Holly Hobby!! The mom is around 22 years old and I keep saying how much her baby looks like Holly Hobby and she's like "WHO??" Man am I old! I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who remembers her!

Thanks for all the sweet write-ups about your new coaster--I'm really happy that YOU are happy! :-D

It's great that the farmer's market is turning out so good for you--yeah! It's funny, isn't it, that you never know what is going to sell.
Smiles, Karen