August 17, 2007

A Little Random


How's everyone doing? It's Friday, but as you full-time crafters know, there's no Friday in crafting. I work every day. It kills me to take a whole day off, haha. I try though. Sometimes I do take a break on the weekend so Nick & I can go somewhere. I don't want to jinx anything, but tomorrow we're going to look at rings (if you know what I mean).
We'll be stopping in Oakland to scout the Farmer's Market there too. I hear my stuff would be "gone" if I sold there. Even though it's not in Marin, it's part of the Marin Farmer's Market Association. That means I can sell there if I can get a spot. Maybe when we get back from the UK. Oh yeah, I guess I didn't mention that we're off for England on the 25th. Just under two weeks, not too long. It'll be enough time for me to go to some of my favorite spots in London like this and this. We're over there for a wedding and to visit the family, I'm sure it'll be a great time. We're planning a little road trip to one of my favorite places while we there. I highly recommend Bath if you ever go to England. It's just beautiful. sigh. I can't wait to go with Nick. :)
In other news, I did a new market on Wednesday night. It was a complete waste of time, but now I know. My friend Julie came over from Yosemite to sit with me, thank goodness, I'd have perished if it hadn't been for her. I wouldn't have made a sale without her either. She bought a handbag & a monkey. Thanks for coming Julie!
I did actually take a partial day off yesterday. Julie and I walked over to th
e post office, I had oodles of orders to send out, and the farmer's market. It was a lovely walk, and on the way we fed the ducks. I thought this one was particularly handsome. Nick works from home on Thursdays so the three of us went down to Sausalito for lunch too. It was great to see a friend and take a quick breather. Now I'm back to the old sewing machine. I started to put together a huge stack of new bibs last night, so they must be finished today. I've got a quilt order to fill, and I want to make some more inexpensive kids' totes like the one Maple is using in this picture. She really likes the animal prints. I got the fabric at IKEA and I just love the bright colors. She loves it so much, I can't get her to put it down. Silly girlie.
I guess that's it for me today. I know I probably wrote too much.

Just one last thing, I was perusing some of my favorite blogs this morning and came across this new fabric line coming out next month. How cute! I can't wait to see it in person. Have a great weekend everybody.

9 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

"There's no Friday in crafting."

Truer words have never been spoken.

I think I need a t-shirt with that saying on it!

Christina J. said...

Good luck looking at rings. :)

Nutsy Coco said...

Have fun with the ring shopping! I'm hoping to be doing that soon myself :)

Lisa Clarke said...

Enjoy the ring shopping! How exciting :-) Oh, and the trip to Egland - I'd love to go there myself some day.

Beth Lemon said...

That's very exciting! Go to a pawn shop -- get vintage, antique!

jessica said...

Rings, eh? I won't say more...no jinxing vibes coming from my end of the blogosphere.

Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bee said...

Reading about Sausalito, Marin, and Oakland makes me miss California so much! Have fun in England:)

Weaveron Textile said...

this every post is beautiful.