August 20, 2007

Lots of happy things

First, let me continue the saga of the engagement ring. No, I don't have one on my finger yet, nor has anyone asked me to marry them. What I will say is that we went to pick up something at the jewelry store yesterday. Let's just call it Nick's new watch. He's not admitting to anything even though we all know what's in that tiny box. And here's the best/worst part. After the jewelry store we went into Walnut Creek for some food and to look for a suit jacket for Nick. Of course we didn't want to leave the jewelry store bag in the back seat of the car, so I suggested placing it in the trunk. Do you think Nick was satisfied with this? No. I had to carry around "his watch" in my own backpack all afternoon. Do you understand me here? I was made to carry my own engagement ring on my own back, but I can't have it. That's just mean. Okay, I'm done venting.I had a great day at the market yesterday, thanks to a vinyl bib recall, I sold a load of bibs yesterday. Who knew? I finally sold some monkeys and a few other things too. It was definitely my best market yet. And today I was blessed by two wonderful gifts from the mail lady. I got this sweet button from my friend Beth over at Lemon Cadet. She dropped by My My's shop in PA recently and got it for me there. How sweet. Thanks so much, I love it! I also got my cool new Moo stickers and they're just awesome. I can't wait till my next market so I can stick them on my little brown bags. Neato! I finally got some new stuff on my website today too. A very good few days I guess. Have a great week.

13 comments:

jessica said...

it all sounds great! i'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

The stickers are so cute! I ordered a set a few days ago... just waiting to hear from "Little Moo" that they've shipped!

Melissa said...

It must have driven you crazy to be so close to it and not have it! :) I hope you get it soon, and don't forget to tell us about it when it happens!

The button and the stickers are just darling. And congratulations about the good market day.

Anonymous said...

What a post you have today.
Yes I agree he is soooo cruel about his "watch".
Congrats about the market day you had. They can be very up and down like that can't they. All worth while then.
Love your moo cards. Always thought I don't know what to put on them but I could do just all different "dragonflies".

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your market went well. Yes, it was completely unfair to have to carry that darn "watch" around when you couldn't even have it! :)

Christina J. said...

What a great post - except for that having to carry around your own engagement ring thing! That was so mean of him! :)

Love the stickers!

Nutsy Coco said...

I agree, very cruel to have to carry around a "watch" in your own bag!

I love your moo stickers and congrats on the successful market day!

pink-petal-designs said...

cute moo stickers ! x

Beth Lemon said...

Your moo stickers are so awesome! You must be really excited.

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

Oh boy, when is Nick going to hand over his "watch"??

We must hear all about it!

Kathy said...

Your dear Uncle did a similar thing to me. I actually picked out my engagement ring, he paid for it, put it in his jewelry case and told me, you can't have this until I ask you to marry me. I don't remember how long it was that ring was in his case. I'd look at it sometimes and he knew that. In April 1991 he asked, late in the evening. He said he hoped that I wouldn't look in the case, because he'd been carrying it around in his pocket all day long!

Hope you get that "watch" Soon!!

Sarah and Jack said...

Heh, that watch story made me laugh a little. (Mean, I know! I couldn't help it.)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

What a stinker! I hope you get to wear that "watch" very soon!! I'm excited!!!!!

Smiles, Karen