April 08, 2008

Etsy Mania...and a Dress Update

Yesterday I received four Etsy packages. Wow! That made my day.

More wonderful bridesmaids gifts, from Jenn Maruska Design. Thanks for making that card wallet for my sister, Jenn. It's so cute!

And one for me.


Some buttons for my monkeys. I also got some cool brownish monkey eyes, but they'd have ruined the photo for sure. Check out Charms Galore for more.


And one for me, haha. I already bought two of lindylou2's sachets, but I just had to get my own and one more to give. Which would you keep?


I've always wanted to buy soap from Hello Crafty, have you seen this one? I'd never want to use these soaps, they're too pretty, I'll just give them away instead. I think my niece will love those little bird soaps. Lucky, lucky bridesmaids.

Dress Update: Yesterday I spent about 12 hours on the wedding dress. I've now got a silk skirt with lining basted onto it. I basted the skirt to the bodice to check the fit before stitching the skirt pieces by machine. It seems to be fitting nicely. Today I hope to start putting the lace skirt layer together. This will be a challenge. The pattern of the lace will overlap and I'll need to hand stitch the embroidery down to the adjoining piece. Does that make sense? Let's just say, it's not going to be fast or easy. Take a peek at the latest photo here.

7 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Wow! Look at all the pretty things you rec'd - and they're all in your colors - yummy!

Those soaps are wonderful. I'll have to get some, too. Maybe for Mother's day gifts : )

Your dress is looking fantastic - you're amazing!!!

Christina J. said...

Your dress is going to be so beautiful! I'm in awe that you can make your own wedding dress.

I love when I get several packages in the same day! :)

Jody Sanders said...

What delicious packages!

The dress is wonderful!

African Kelli said...

Oh my goodness, I am in love with that wallet! Adorable.

Junie Moon said...

What great Etsy packages! Each and every thing is so fun. I quick popped over to visit your "dress in progress." I love it!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Your dress is looking fantastic!! Wow! And look at all those goodies too--you've been having a lot of fun going to your mailbox lately! lol
I love those JennMaruska goodies so much! AND the little bird soap, how cute are those??
Smiles, Karen

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Those are all so beautiful! I love Etsy, just haven't bought anything from there yet. I am going to have to dig around your blog a bit and see what photos of your wedding dress I can find.