February 15, 2007

My friend etsy


Etsy is a great place to "buy and sell all things handmade". I love this website. What a great way to give regular people a way to put their handmade goods on the web without a huge investment. I have a shop on etsy, and to tell you the truth, that's where pretty much all of my sales have come from. They have over 32,000 users on this site. That's a lot of traffic potential.
As for selling things, it's pretty easy. All you do is pay a nominal fee, that lasts for 4 months, for each item you want in your shop. Then you just write a description, add some tags, upload the photos, easy. Especially easy for someone who has already put in a billion hours creating product images. They charge you a small percentage of the profit, but I think it's worth it. This is a great way for the average person to have an online shop. You don't really have to put a lot of work into it, it's great for an "on the side" kind of deal.
So please go check out etsy, support your local crafter, buy something from a real person! In the future, I plan to feature some of my favorite etsy sellers here, so come back often to see some great, original items.

No comments: