March 28, 2008

The Ring Bear

This was my inspiration. I've been carrying it around for ages.

I think I was most attracted to the buttons, and probably the simplicity. I didn't end up using buttons, but I'm still very happy with the result. Also very happy to have another item crossed of the wedding to do list! Only 4 weeks to go and UK visitors arriving in 2 weeks.

I used some wool I got at JoAnn's & a little scrap from one of my chosen fabrics. I'm glad I decided to put that little ivory square in the center too, the rings would be lost on that floral, no? The ribbon is from Paper Source, bought along with invitation making bits. Who knows, maybe I will add buttons to the corners. What do you think?


Last night I finished the 3 day project of cutting out my dress. Yes, I'm so glad I decided on such a simple dress. It's the lace overlay that's putting me in a tizzy. It's taken me weeks to decide on how to do the skirt without too many seam lines. In the end, I've gone with the maximum number of seam lines. Ha! I spent a lot of time placing the lace just right on the pattern pieces and lining things up and cutting around motifs that will have to be hand sewn. Today I'll be hand sewing silk to interlining. Thank goodness I have so many dvd's.

Have a great weekend!

p.s. I receive a newsletter from Lion Brand Yarn & today they've posted a cool podcast mostly devoted to Etsy. I think it's the best story I've heard so far about how Etsy go started. Check it out here. (And if you're not an iPod/iTunes person, it's okay. You can just listen online in your browser)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pillow! I like that you're injecting a little bit of color into something that's so traditionally all white.

Jody Sanders said...

I lvoe the pillow! I'm not sure if I'd add buttons or not, they certainly "made" the pillow in the original picture, but I love your take on it the way it is.

4 weeks! Wow.

Christina J. said...

I love the pillow! I enjoy seeing all the progress you are making in your wedding sewing projects. :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Your little pillow is perfect! Of course, you know how I feel about buttons--so a couple little buttons in the corners certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings at all! lol I CANNOT WAIT to see your dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smiles, Karen

Felicia said...

Wow, things are really coming together for your wedding. I'm so excited for you :) That little pillow is darlin'.

Anonymous said...

That fabric is just stunning!

African Kelli said...

Nicely done and such a sweet wedding gift.