March 24, 2008

Anything New?

Hey, how's everyone doing? I feel so cut off from the world these days. The wedding is now just under 5 weeks away...gulp. I'm actually not feeling too stressed about it all coming together at this point. I've been getting a lot done lately. It really helped when I decided not to worry so much about my Etsy shops until the wedding's over. What's the point in having your own business if you can't give yourself a break sometimes?

I hate to bore everyone with all this wedding talk, so I'm going to start with our new cookie jar, Clyde. Nick & I saw him at Target this weekend and we liked the monkey cups & napkin holder so much we felt like we'd better bring home the cookie jar too. (I think Nick is starting to "get" monkeys a little) It's a good thing they didn't have these, I'm not sure I could have resisted. Doesn't Clyde just make you want to eat cookies? I actually got a chance to do a tiny bit of non-wedding sewing this weekend too. I sold this pretty bag to a pseudo-relative in England so I decided to whip up a matching zipper pouch. That red fabric was such a great find. Other than that, I've really only been doing wedding related crafting.

If you must know what wedding projects I'm finishing, I made all 6 neck ties this weekend. I even altered my old printed labels to reflect my upcoming name change (something I've been waiting for my whole life - no foolin'). Pretty good, eh?


I'm also well immersed into the construction of my dress. I made a muslin and have found that the pattern I chose fits me with almost no alteration. Great news! Now I have to cut into the pretty silk and lace. I'm a little nervous about that. I got a great book from Amazon that is giving me lots of tips on how to deal with lace. If you ever decide to make your own wedding dress, I highly recommend the book. Thank goodness I chose a really easy pattern. I'm not going to show any pictures of the dress, sorry, I want some things to be a secret.
And lastly, I came home today to find a very exciting box waiting for me. My friend Sue has finished carving my personalized cake topper. That's right. Nick, myself, Jody and Maple. So great to have something so personal. Hehe

Have a lovely week everyone. I hope it's as springy where you are as it is here in Marin. xo

7 comments:

LeeAnn said...

5 weeks away! Holy Cow! I am really excited to see all the pictures from your wedding!

Nutsy Coco said...

That monkey is adorable! Yay for all the stuff you're getting done for your wedding! I love the altered label for your ties :)

Jenn Maruska said...

That altered label is fabulous! Such a nice touch - you have a good sense of fun : )

Great weather here, too. I actually left my studio and went outside!

Yes, you must post some wedding photos after the big day!

Christina J. said...

I can't believe it's only five weeks away! The alterted lable is really cute.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

AHHHHHHhhhhh! 5 weeks! You are so brave to make your own dress--so brave and so COOL! I love the altered label and it's cool that your new name is gonna be so much easier to spell than your last one! lol
Smiles, Karen

Junie Moon said...

So many fun things in your post today. That cookie jar makes me want to eat tons of cookies. The pouch is so cute and I love that fabric you used. What wonderful ties and the altered label is great. What an adorable cake topper and how special that it was made just for you. I love things like that.

Felicia said...

I'm pretty excited for you. And I'm thoroughly impressed that you made the neckties! And, wow, those labels are very groovy :)