August 11, 2009

Christmas in 1976

I received a very fun little package yesterday from the lovely and kind Mrs. Kwitty. She happened upon this Wilton Christmas book from 1976 and thought she'd send it along for me to enjoy. I think I'll bring it to my Wilton class tonight for everyone to see. haha, it's great!!!

Check out that coroler doll cake on the left. Nick would flip his lid if he saw that on the counter.


Mrs. Kwitty wrote lots of notes and left them in the book for me to discover. I have to agree with her, that snowman is pretty great.


I love these little Santa cakes, they're super cute! They're made with heart shaped cupcakes.


These are mint patties really pretty. Put them on a modern plate and you'd never know they were from the 70's.

Thanks so much for sending the book, Mrs. Kwitty. I really love it. You're a sweetheart too. By the way, Mrs. Kwitty is looking for some good fundraiser ideas, stop by her blog and lend a hand if you can.


This picture is just to show you that I am actually still making things, besides cake. This is a new bag design I made last week. It's a smaller diaper bag/craft tote. There are lots of pockets and it ties at the ends. I think I'm pretty happy with it. If you want to see a couple more pictures, check it out in my shop. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Christina J. said...

How nice! It's so much fun to receive a package. I agree, the mint patties are pretty and the snowmen are great!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh yeah!! It got there pretty fast. Glad you like it :o)

Thanks for the blog mention and for the kind offer--I'll get back to you when I figure out exactly how I'll be doing things. You are such a sweety!

Smiles, Karen

Delena said...

I just found your blog after cruising through. Love, love, love it! I just started some Etsy stuff so I had to cyberstalk a bit and drool over all your items. You, my dear, pick some adorable fabric. :)