February 25, 2009

On My Desk February 25, 2009

I've been very slack in my On My Desk duties. Sorry about that, but I'm back with a few things in my sewing room today.

I made a tote bag for a friend using an old tea towel, leftover fabric from her son's quilt and a tablecloth. Way to reuse, eh?


I have two fabric zipper pouches waiting to be assembled and one monkey pouch waiting for his lining and zipper. I tend to put off monkeys with zippers. I still haven't come up with a great way to put a zipper in a crocheted item so I always spend a long time trying to work out a new method. Any ideas?


And this is my little bobbin and needle box combo. I use old electrical tape cases for my needles. They're a good size and the lid snaps on tight. It just happens to fit perfectly on top of my Bobbinsaver too. I don't know why I never got one of those before. It's great! It's rubber, so it sits still and the threads don't go all crazy on me. Yay!!

Now I'm off to finish dinner and make some more monkeys. Cheers!

1 comment:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Good to see that you are still so busy...and I just have such a soft spot for things made from recycyled vintage tablecloths and other materials!
Smiles, Karen