October 20, 2008

Impromptu

On Saturday, Nick and I headed south toward San Jose, there's a nice Tech Museum there that Nick wanted to see. I thought since we were going all that way, I might as well stop in at the Pacific International Quilt Festival. I mean, we're already so close, it'd be silly not to go...right?

I sort of went a bit nuts. I don't buy fat quarter bundles very often, so you know it's a good one if I do. This is the new Recipe for Friendship collection from Mary Engelbreit.


This collection is adorable, look at those cherries. I love this and this too. I can't wait to break into this bundle. You can get your own here.


I also got a nice stack of what I consider my "neutrals", like these two polka dot prints. I like to keep fabrics like this on hand to line handbags & zipper pouches, sometimes they're great for the revers side of a bib too.

I'm back at the farmer's market on Thursday & stocking up for the holidays too. I'm going to be so busy at the sewing machine for the rest of the year, it's a good thing I've got all this new fabric. Oh! I forgot I wasn't going to buy any new fabric for a while. oops ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute finds!!! I'm with you on the fat quarters.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oops! LOL--you did that on purpose!

Love the new ME fabrics...and the polka dots too! Have fun at the Farmer's market, I hope you sell a lot!

Smiles, Karen

p.s. I just saw your little monkey cup in the Storque--congrats!!

African Kelli said...

Those fabrics are just gorgeous! Hope you have a great time at the craft fair!

Jenn Maruska said...

Can I come over and play? I'll bring cupcakes!

: D

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

I'm always a sucker for cherry fabric. So cute!

BTW a friend of mine sent me this link and I thought of you:
http://shop.pgtips.co.uk/