June 27, 2007

Happiness is a Warm Puppy

This past weekend Nick & I decided to take a break and go for a quick little road trip. After my morning knitting class, we took off in the new car and headed north. Only 35 miles from us is the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa. Being a HUGE fan of Snoopy and Peanuts, this is a must see for me. I've actually been to the site before, but not the musem. There's also an ice rink where Schulz put on a senior hockey tournament for many years, a friend of mine's father-in-law played in it! We visited the museum and had a latte in the ice rink coffee shop, appropriately called, "The Warm Puppy". I'm just dying to skate there. There are even stained glass windows featuring our beloved beagle friend on skates. How cute.

After a short stop at the local fabric & craft shop (I have to know where to get my supplies), we headed east toward Sonoma and wine country. Not too far from Santa Rosa is the town of Sonoma, it's a lovely drive along a vineyard lined road. All of the grapevines are covered in leaves and the hills in Sonoma are full of them. We stopped in the downtown area and had a little walk around town. By that time most of the shops were closed, but I was very intrigued. (Will have to go back one day on my own and browse) There's a nice little park in front of the City Hall building. I ran around trying to snap some photos before dinner. Poor Nick. Anyway, we had a lovely afternoon and evening out, not far from home, and a good dinner at the Irish Pub. mmmmm

6 comments:

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

Sounds fun! I love mini adventures like that!

Christina J. said...

That sounds wonderful. Mark and I are taking a weekend trip this weekend.

Lisa Clarke said...

Sounds like you live in a great area! I honeymooned in Napa and spent a day in Sonoma. I don't remember much specifically about that day, but I do remember really liking the town. I'd love to go back there sometime.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so would have had my picture made with Charlie Brown! :) What a cute statue.

custom box manufacturer said...

I appreciate your post thanks for sharing the information.
best Custom Mailer boxes
5 Panel Hanger boxes Illinois

custom box manufacturer said...

index
index
index
index
index
index
index
index
index
index
index