September 03, 2007

Sunny Day in London

I must have walked about 5 miles today, but the sunshine was worth it! I think it was my first day in London with blue skies, no foolin'. I walked all over today, starting at Tower Bridge. Gromit wasn't able to make it, he had a previous engagement, but Chico still had a good time.

Nick was in the office all day so I was able to do all the shopping I wanted. I made a trip to one of my favorite stores over in Marylebone (I'll show you what I got later). I had a good time in there though, let me tell you, lol. I met Nick after work for some dinner and then we rode the London Eye.

This is another thing I never got to do while I lived in the UK. It's a long list and I'm working away at it. I'm not sure you can see how tall this thing is...it's really high! I'm afraid of heights too. Yep, it was a little scary, but take a look at this view. Wow! I'm glad we planned it for sundown.


p.s. I just looked up how high the London Eye is . . . just over 442 feet. Yikes!

5 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh man, my heart started palpitating just looking at that! I am so scared of heights, yikes!
It looks very beautiful--and such a dream vacation... I'm very happy for you (and even a little jealous). :-)
Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

I love London and am so glad that your Chico is having such a good time there. Just as Mrs. Kwitty stated, I'm not at all fond of great heights and find anyone who's capable of achieving such things a really brave soul.

Jenn Maruska said...

I'm jealous, too!

But every time I see that photo of Chico next to the bridge - I get a HUGE goofy smile on my face! That is fantastic!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Lucky Chico! Looks like he is having a blast....EEEKK those heights! Have heaps of fun..

Sara Millis said...

Still having a great time I see... Sara x