March 18, 2007

It's a New Week

Well, I finished 2 custom bags & packed them up last night for shipping. I feel so free to do what I want now that I can't decide where to start.

I took a look at the views in my Etsy shop and have decided I should focus a bit on making some more diaper bags. Considering the number of shops on Etsy, I'm surprised that there aren't more available. These two bags were converted to be used as diaper bags. I have one diaper bag for sale on my website that I haven't added to the Etsy mix yet too, that'll be a good start to a Monday.
We had a busy weekend so I didn't get to do a lot of sewing. I've been spending way too much time on the coputer lately as well. I'm starting to experience a lot of pain in the old wrists. A problem I haven't had since I left my job a year ago - this week! I'm afraid I'm going to cause damage to my hands & not be able to sew at all. A bit of sewing & cutting will do me some good.
Speaking of injuries, I listened to a Podcast this weekend called "Driven to Quilt" by Nadine Ruggles of Dreamweaver's Quilts. It was the first episode, and she spoke a bit about the problem she has with her hands and a book she got that could have helped her if she'd taken the advice. Anyway, I ordered the book for myself. It's called "Pain Free Quilting" by Carole LeRoy. The book has all sorts of tips about avoiding repetative stress injury, and I can't wait to receive it. I will definitely let you know what I think of it when it arrives.
I guess I need to get to work now. I have some more new monkeys to put in my shop and cupcakes to bake today for Nick's birthday. Busy busy.

4 comments:

Minu said...

Love blogs that link me to things I may otherwise find. Will visit you often.

Minu
http://focuson.livejournal.com/

LeeAnn said...

I think your bags are beautiful and in the future when its time for us to start a family I already decided I'll be getting my diaper bag from you. Or sooner if I have friends that start expecting.

My 3 year quilting project has taken me this long because I keep shelving it! It's going to get done by the end of the month. It's taking up too much space.

Katie Jean said...

Your bags are gorgeous. I think that going in the diaper bag route is a great idea. There aren't great ones out there and people are always asking for them!

Anonymous said...

I love these bags and think they would be so cute to carry if I only had little ones! I'll have to write your shop down and check to see if you are still around when I need one :)

Katie
http://katiediddesigns.blogspot.com