May 27, 2008

The Long Weekend is My Friend

Though I didn't get as much sewing done as I'd have liked, I was able to make a few things over the 3-day weekend. I've added a new shopper tote to iSew.


I put together a little quilted case for our new camera using all scraps & leftovers.


We went on a couple mini road trips. First to Healdsburg for a walk and a yummy breakfast. We visited a great shop called the Olive Leaf. There were so many great things to see in this place. Nick was hesitant to go in, but in the end I was waiting for him to leave. ;)

Nick spotted these vintage pages of a French child's schoolwork. Check out that penmanship!


Love the tins. I think I saw some like that in France.

We also took a drive down to Alameda, a small island across the bay from San Francisco. We just took a stroll and had some lunch. I found a great vintage feed sack and also got a few things at JoAnn's while we were out. It was a lovely day and I enjoyed just kicking around with Nick. Now I must get my pattern instructions finished so I can get it tested and into the shop!

7 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

I love the fabric on your new tote!

Heidijayhawk said...

holy cow! what a weekend!

Christina J. said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I really like your new tote and the camera case is also cute!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Your camera bag is awesome and so pretty! Great weekend for you.

Dinah said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful! And I love love love that feedsack on flikr!

p.s. I also meant to comment previously about your gorgeous wedding dress. You did a fantastic job!

Junie Moon said...

What pretty things you're making! I've been sketching out a plan for making a camera case this past week and seeing yours is inspiring me further. The case I want is huge to accommodate my extra lenses and assorted photography supplies. So, I'm still plugging away with the whole concept. I love all the things you found on your outing, those tins are adorable.

lulusparkles said...

i would really love a cute camera bag! i hope you are going to sell them in your shop! everything I see is too big or too small.