July 22, 2008

Knee Deep or Hip High

My business taxes are due next week so that's what I'm working on right now. I haven't been the best at paperwork lately which is weird for a supposedly organized person. I'm still blaming any lack of organization on leaving my job at Disneyland. Two years later, I'm still rebelling. (I miss it desperately. The park, not the job.)

Here's what's upstairs calling my name, pushing me to get my homework done.


A little Katie Jump Rope and Park Slope. Purchased from a new shop on Etsy called Sew Love Fabrics. I want this too. For some reason I'm remembering the linen closet of my youth, hmmm.


Here's my latest "use what you have" project. I'm working on a new reversible quilted backpack design. I have lots of this fabric left over from a custom quilt I did at Christmas time. It's all cut out and now being quilted. If I like it, I'll make more and add the design to my future pattern list.

Thank goodness for having kitties underfoot. Always inspirational. Now, I have to get to work. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Junie Moon said...

Taxes are the bane of modern-day living and the very idea of them makes my stomach hurt.

Your quilted backpack project sounds wonderful and I look forward to seeing what you've done with it.

Kristi said...

Sounds like fun (backpack, not taxes). Though taxes are what makes many community services possible.

Have you seen my new Kitty yet? She's so cute...

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, just look at all those pretty new fabrics! Gorgeous. Careful not to step on kitty when you finally finish your homework and go rushing off to your sewing machine, lol!
Smiles, Karen

Jenn Maruska said...

That is one happy, cute kitty!

Hope you get back to sewing soon : )

Heidijayhawk said...

hope you get those taxes done quickly so you can get to that fabric!

jessica said...

I love that new fabric - I so need to get me some Park Slope!

African Kelli said...

Good luck with the taxes! Can't wait to see what you create with that great fabric.

Start To Finish Supplies said...

What a cute kitty! He looks so happy and comfortable! Not a care in the world :)