June 07, 2008

Reporting Back

I know you're all dying to know where I ended up going yesterday. We didn't make it to the fabric shop (not that it's a bad thing), but we did do some other fun things...

I picked up 3 new Japanese inspirational craft books at Kinokuniya .


Here's a peek inside one of them.

We also went to a great art store where I picked up a few things for a monkey project I'm working on.



And before I went out, I tried out one of my bias tape makers. I've had them sitting in the closet for months! Why, oh why have I not used these before? What a great sewing tool this is. I used my 1" bias tape maker to make the ties and some bias binding for this little drawstring bag I whipped up for my friend Amanda's birthday. No plan, no pattern, I just went for it. I'm fairly pleased with the result, and Amanda was too. Sorry the picture is so rubbish, but I was running out the door.

And now it's the weekend! Where do I begin?

7 comments:

Molly Wiecks said...

awesome stuff! good luck with your pattern sales. It looks like you put a lof of work into that project! Looks really professional.

Patti said...

Sounds like such a fun day!

PAC said...

oo your finds look awesome!

Kristi said...

Hey, I was wondering if you would mind putting a "tutorial" or helpful hints at selling at a farmer's market? I am thinking about ramping up production of a few items I make and trying them out at our farmer's market. Like I noticed you have nice table cloths, sign etc (though I won't be making a quilt for a sign). Do you know how to find affordable signage? What to use to display purses, towels, pillows etc? Thanks!!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

You just opened my eyes to that bias tape maker. I have been dreading a particular project, but this might make it all turn out right!

RetroRugrats said...

i like the idea of the tutorial for a farmer's market, too! your table looks so well put together. you are so organized and creative.

i can't live without the bias tape maker. i am now adding bias tape to finish the edges on many of my bibs/aprons and i like the results. the tape maker makes a big difference in quality and convenience.

Jenn Maruska said...

I have a bias tape maker, too! (It's still in the package....)

I'm going to get it out when I've got a little quilt ready to bind.

Sounds like you had a great day!