April 07, 2008

One Beer at Table Two

Nick and I are not a silver doves & monograms type of couple. So, rather than get the usual custom printed match books & cocktail napkins we went for beer coasters. I found this website called My Wedding Labels, and they can print pretty much anything cool you might need. The print quality is excellent and they have tons of design choices. I'd much rather have these laying around than a white napkin with my name on it.



And last week I got my table numbers made (all 8 cocktail tablecloths too). I had to take a little break from the dress and do something else. I used some pre-cut scalloped ovals from Paper Source, my sewing machine, buttons & embroidery thread. I'll tie them onto the centerpieces with some fabric that I've used here & there. I'm very happy with the final version.


My goal for this week is to get my dress completely finished. My matron of honor arrives early Sunday morning for a quick visit. Wouldn't it be fun if I could just mess around while she's here & not be working on my projects? Wish me luck. As of last night, the dress had a skirt hand basted onto it. The first time I've seen it look like a dress!

4 comments:

Lisa Clarke said...

You are making me so jealous with all of this stuff, LOL! When I got married 13 years ago, the extent of my craftiness was my talent for rubber stamping. And all of these great internet resources didn't exist. If I were getting married today, it would be *such* a different affair!

You look like you're having so much fun with all of this. Thanks for sharing :-)

Bee said...

Wow! I dont know how you are doing all of this and keep a sense of humor and seeming so calm! You go girl:) I cant wait to see pictures. Your table numbers turned out so cute.

Christina J. said...

It seems like everything is coming along nicely.

Junie Moon said...

I love your wedding preparations. The coasters are a great idea and the table numbers are adorable. I'll definitely think good thoughts that you can have time to just relax and have fun with your upcoming visitor.