July 02, 2007

Success

I had my final beginning knitting class at Atelier Marin this Saturday. This hat is the only thing I've ever made that isn't a long strip of stitches. I love how the top turned out, with the color in a ring. I've really been loving the knitting class and I've signed up for another round. Next I'll be making a hooded scarf from this gorgeous and super soft alpaca. I chose a pretty hard pattern, hope I can do it.
My other success story for the day is my first successful trip to the thrift store in a long time. I found some really great old pillow cases in the linen section, all were 50% off too. YAY!!! This is just a sample of my good fortune.

In other good news, I sold two monkey items to a repeat customer, have 2 custom orders to work on and found this fabric shop, thanks to my swap partner Tamy. Have a great week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things sound pretty wonderful down on your end. Love the new pillow cases and congrats on the beautiful hat!

Jenn Maruska said...

Congrats on the hat!

You sure have been busy lately : )

Katie Jean said...

I've been wanting to learn to knit for so long! Good for you for doing it!!

And the pillowcases are super cool! What a great find.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow, your hat looks great! Looks like you've been knitting all your life, lol. I am in LOVE with that pillowcase with the pink rosebuds..drooolinnggg!
Smiles, Karen

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

The hat looks great!!
The thrift store is so fun. I frequent them! And a surprise sale is fabulous!!